Join us at CCW-SATCON November 12-13 at the Javits Convention Center in New York. We will be demonstrating our latest release, Studio Suite Xi; studio management software for scheduling, project management, equipment and inventory tracking, digital media asset management, budgeting, invoicing and more.
Come see us at NAB 2015 in Las Vegas April 13-16th. We will be demonstrating Studio Suite Xi. Make sure to drop by booth SL10012 and say hi!
Category Archives: News
Webinar: What’s new in Studio Suite Xi, this Thursday @ 1pm PDT
Join AlterMedia CEO Joel Stoner as he gives a webinar on the newest features of Studio Suite Xi. Register Here: https://www1.
See us at AES, October 10-12 at the LA Convention Center!
See us at CCW, Nov 12-13 at the Javits Center in NYC!
SSXi Now Shipping!
The newest version of Studio Suite is now available! Download your FREE 30-day trial today!
April 2, 2014
Burbank, CA – AlterMedia announces Studio Suite Xi, the latest update to its leading studio management software. Xi provides users global access to mission-critical information via web browser and iOS devices.
AlterMedia is showcasing this latest development at NAB in Las Vegas, April 7-10, booth SL7424, and expects to be available for purchase within Q2.
“The release of FileMaker 13 and its WebDirect technology allows us to provide a convenient browser interface to our proven & established workflows,” says AlterMedia CEO Joel Stoner. “We’ve incorporated many additional features into Xi, focusing on ease-of-use and extended functionality to a greater number of devices. With this increased accessibility and great new features, we’re looking at significant growth in second and third quarter sales.”
Studio Suite Xi new feature-set includes:
- Access to view, edit, and create data via web browser.
- Completely rebuilt, faster calendar.
- Vastly improved media asset management, including automatic storage of media assets on a shared server, linked to Projects, accessible from anywhere, etc.
- New light & modern appearance.
- Major enhancements to Production Budgeting & Reporting, especially for AICE and AICP Budget templates.
- New “Project Groups” feature allows cross-grouping of related Projects for budgeting and actualizing purposes. Includes Summary reports for Internal and Client use.
- Includes all AICE & AICP items with Summary Codes, and now corresponding Rates.
- Exports AICE & AICP sheets to Excel.
- Call sheets.
- Ability to edit Project-Event items ‘in-line’ without opening the Edit Event window (ie., edit Event dates, times, status directly from Projects).
- Operators added to Project Event Resources are:
a. Shown in Projects as Resource ( Operator ).
b. Included in Calendar Views under their own row.
c. Included in Personnel Reports.
- Rebuilt QuickLog module makes it easier to quickly add multiple items to multiple Projects.
- Projects contain calculated (based on actual bookings) and human defined Start and End dates, offering flexibility and accuracy.
- Projects contains a “Price Target” field, which allows a calculation showing how close the existing Project line items get to the Target, and what the Target Difference is.
- Project and Task Notifications via email.
- Revised “Also-Books” functionality allows non-Bookable items to be added to Equipment Packages and Collections.
- Faster / easier way to create Rates for Equipment without changing screens, and also a way to create Rates based on the value of the equipment (great for when you are initially entering a bunch of equipment).
- Check-in/out of equipment via barcode on iOS devices.
- Notifications for Equipment Maintenance issues.
- Flexible filtering on Rate screens allows users to apply Rates from different Categories (ie, a Rate from the Category “Shoot Crew” can be applied to a Contact who is in the Category of “People” or “Camera Operators”.
- More Sorting options in Projects allow you to also sort Events by Budget Code, Status, and Price.
- More Filtering options in Projects allow you to filter by Sub-Category and Status.
- Added ability to globally change the Start or End Date of filtered Events in Projects, similar to the “Slide” feature in Projects and the Set Start/End Times.
- “Capture to PDF” in Project Budgets allows users to save a snapshot of a budget at any time. These PDFs are automatically saved on the Attach tab within each Project.
- New “Link Existing Contact” easily stitches together related records in Contacts.
- In Contacts List Tab, the “Variable Field” menus will now retain selection values from session to session, and also includes more options (and also works better for those that imported data from earlier version of SSX).
- Main Menu Dashboard filters by Project.
- Improved Web Glancer Calendar.
- Addition of QuickLog module to Web Glancer.
- Improved Web Request.
- Faster Event “Multiply” picker.
Studio Suite Xi is a powerful, completely customizable business management tool, crafted for the needs of cutting-edge production facilities that consistently produce a high-volume of content on time and on budget. It tracks and manages contacts, budgeting, scheduling, projects, invoicing, library & labels, media assets, equipment & media inventories, communications, maintenance, and more.
Studio Suite Xi integrates with Final Cut, Avid, Pro Tools, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, MYOB & AccountEdge, Address Book, iCal, Outlook, etc..
Solo, Pro, Network versions available. Internet and iOS access available on Network installs.
To learn more about this update, please contact:
Alex Ballar, Media Relations
3727 W. Magnolia Blvd., #830
Burbank, CA 91505
Office: (818) 955-9550 x105
Fax: (818) 955-9660
Don’t miss us at NAB – we definitely have something cool to show you!! We’re in booth SL7424, which is in the South Hall, Lower Level, just at the bottom of the ‘half way’ stairs.
Here’s a link to free passes on us (the link will work until March 21):
In conjunction with NAMM, and following up on the release of Studio Suite X 10.1, AlterMedia Inc announces Studio Suite SOLO, the latest version of their leading Studio Management Software. SOLO is aimed at freelancers, home studios, hobbyists & students that desire a full-featured studio management software that they can grow into, at a price they can afford.
Burbank, CA December 16, 2013[separator top=”40″]
AlterMedia, Inc. announces a significant update to Studio Suite X (v10.1). Extending upon its established workflows for audio/visual post-production management, this release supports the needs of production companies by bringing into focus production budgeting and AICE/AICP templates that role up into actualized summary reporting, then out to invoices.