- See this link for up-to-date minimum OS specs: https://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16352/~/system-requirements-for-filemaker-server-16
- Best: For Windows, Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition (with Desktop Experience), or Windows Server 2012 R2. For Mac, El Capitan (10.11) or Sierra (10.12)
- Newer high-end 4+ core processor (i7 or greater)
- 16+ gig of RAM
- SSD (Solid State Drive) for hosted files.
- Secondary drive for FileMaker Server generated backups
- Optional: use OS tools (cron or Time Machine) to copy FMS backups to 3rd drive (or offsite)
- Do not use backup tools to copy or backup the ‘live’ hosted files. Only copy or backup the FMS generated backups
- Please DO NOT pre-install IIS. If required, it will be installed with FileMaker Server.
- Turn off indexing on hosted files
- Turn off hard drive and processor “sleeping” and/or energy savers
- Use a UPS (Un-interruptible Power Supply)
- Java Runtime Engine (JRE) 1.8.0_111 or greater installed
- Wired Ethernet (not wireless)
- Use a dedicated server. We can not support a server that is multi-tasked, as problems can be caused by other software or their related applications and processes.
- If you want a Standby Server see: https://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14188/~/standby-server—overview
- Please Note: We do not provide support for applications other than FileMaker & Studio Suite in your server environment, such as: IIS, Apache, Networking, Router Settings, SSL, VPN, Java, OS Updates, Virus Protection, off-site backups, etc., therefore a qualified IT support person should be available to address these issues during the server install process.
- See this link for up-to-date minimum specs: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16353/~/system-requirements-for-filemaker-pro-16-and-filemaker-pro-16-advanced
- Windows 10 Pro & Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Standard & Pro, Mac OS Sierra 10.11, MacOS El Capitan 10.1. Note that Windows Home version is not supported.
- Newer high-end processor (i5 – i7)
- 4 or more (!) gig or RAM
- Wired Ethernet if possible
- At least 10% of hard drive space available.
- Java 8 update 73 or greater.
- IE11+ / Safari 9+, or Chrome
- Computer sleeping may disconnect Studio Suite, test and adjust as needed.
- Safari 9+ or Internet Explorer 11 for WebDirect functionality
- Wired Gigabit Ethernet
- Avoid wireless network where possible
- Do not have any “hubs” on the network, only switches.
· Clients on same subnet if possible